Rabbi Sidney Schwarz is a social entrepreneur, an author and a political activist. He founded and led PANIM: The Institute for Jewish Leadership and Values for twenty-one years. He is also the founding rabbi of Adat Shalom Reconstructionist Congregation in Bethesda, Maryland, where he continues to teach and lead services. Currently, he serves as a senior fellow at Clal—The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership where he is involved in a program that trains rabbis to be visionary spiritual leaders. He is the author of Finding a Spiritual Home: How a New Generation of Jews Can Transform the American Synagogue and Judaism and Justice: The Jewish Passion to Repair the World.
Rabbi Sidney Schwarz is available to speak on the following topics:
• Jewish Megatrends: Charting the Course of the American Jewish Future
• Tribal vs. Covenantal Identity: Jews and the American Public Square
• Finding a Spiritual Home: Redefining the Religious Enterprise
• Reaching the Jewish Community of the 21st Century: Educating for Jewish Citizenship
• Israel: Between Conscience and Solidarity
• Can Social Justice Save the Jewish Soul?